Veracity 0.5 Released
Posted by Paul Roub Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:07:00 GMT
The 0.5 source release is available here.
The latest nightly build is always available here
Veracity 0.5 Release Notes:
- Full 64-bit support
- Core performance improvements:
- More efficient changeset format
- Better caching of working folder status
- Massive DAG-walking speedup, affecting update, push, pull, etc.
- Repository instance revision numbers (like hg’s)
- Web UI improvements:
- Lots of performance improvements, particularly the activity stream
- Improved burndown chart accuracy
- Friendlier layout for adding and editing bugs
- Graphical DAG for source history
- Layout improvements viewing changesets
- Improved progress indicators throughout
- Bug relationships: blocks, depends on, duplicates
- Internet Explorer 8+ compatibility
- Merge improvements
- Default integration with SourceGear Diffmerge
- Resolve handles additional divergent move/rename/delete cases
- Building from source, particularly on Windows, has gotten easier.
- In progress:
- Integration with other diff/merge tools
- Repository packing
Since the 0.3 release in July, most everything has changed.
- The repository format has changed.
- The layout of .sgdrawer in working copies has changed.
- The contents of ~/.sgcloset has changed.
REST APIs, including those used by push/pull/clone, have changed.
Repositories created with 0.3 will not work with 0.5, and vice versa.
- Settings saved in .sgcloset by older builds may not show up 0.5.
- Working copies should be recreated with the new version.
- Clients and servers must be the same version to play nice together.