An update on Vault 6.0
Posted by Jeff Clausius Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:23:00 GMT
Over the last month or so, we’ve been working on the planned features for Vault 6.0. There has been great internal discussion on which new features and customer requests to include in this release.
The official Vault 6 feature page can be found here at Vault 6 feature outline - http://www.sourcegear.com/vaultpro/documentation/Vault6featureoutline.html
Here are some of the more noteworthy features that are
tentatively planned for Vault 6:
- Content Searching - Vault 6 will have an index on repository file content. Clients will be able to search for files containing a given text string.
- Event Notification - A new event notification system in which users will be notified directly within the client of changes to the repository or a work item.
- Classic Client - Vault 6’s Classic Client will implement the latest specification for Microsoft Source Code Control Interface (MSSCCI).
For the Vault Professional users:
- Time Tracking - Functionality for time allocation within a work item to let you manage and track the time users spent working on a feature or bug.
- Work Item Audit Trail - Vault 6 will improve functionality around capturing and displaying modifications made to a work item’s details.
Some really cool stuff!
We’re excited about this release, and are tentatively planning a Beta program for Summer 2011.
Jeff Clausius Vault 6 Dev Team